Category: Bird Cage Sizes
Bird Cage Sizes
Bird Cage Sizes and Bar Spacing
Bird Cage Sizes. There are many different kinds and sizes of birds that are kept as pets but they all need safe and secure housing. If you don’t have a large aviary where your bird can fly freely and safely at all times then you will need a cage for it. birds cage for sale
Many people and pet stores have the impression that a small bird needs a small cage but this isn’t true. All birds need room to play, exercise, explore, and fly, even the smallest ones. Remember that a bigger cage is always better and all birds need time outside of their cage to flap their wings. cages for sale
Birds Cage Sizes and Bar Spacing for Pet Birds
(Dimensions are given in width x length x height in inches)
- Finches: 18″ x 30″ x 18“ minimum cage size with 1/4“ to 1/2″ bar spacing
- Canaries: 18″ x 24“ x 18″ minimum cage size with 1/4“ to 1/2″ bar spacing
- Budgerigars (budgies, parakeets): 18″ x 18″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2“ bar spacing
- Cockatiels (tiels): 20“ x 20″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ to 5/8″ bar spacing
- Lovebirds: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ bar spacing
- Parrotlets: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ bar spacing
- Ringneck parakeets: 24″ x 24“ x 36″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ to 5/8″ bar spacing
- Quaker parrots: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4″ bar spacing
- Conures: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4″ bar spacing
- Poicephalus: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4″ bar spacing
- Caiques: 24″ x 24″ x 36″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4“ bar spacing
- Pionus: 24″ x 24″ x 36″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4″ bar spacing
- Jardines: 24″ x 24″ x 36″ minimum cage size with 5/8″ to 3/4″ bar spacing
- Amazon parrots: 24″ x 36″ x 48″ minimum cage size with 3/4″ to 1″ bar spacing
- Mini macaws: 24″ x 36″ x 48″ minimum cage size with 3/4″ to 1″ bar spacing
- Goffin cockatoos: 24″ x 36″ x 48″ minimum cage size with 3/4″ to 1″ bar spacing
- African grey parrots: 24″ x 36″ x 48″ minimum cage size with 3/4″ to 1″ bar spacing
- Large cockatoos: 36″ x 48″ x 48″ minimum cage size with 1″ to 1.5″ bar spacing
- Large macaws: 36″ x 48″ x 60″ minimum cage size with 1″ to 1.5″ bar spacing
- Diamond doves: 24″ x 24″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ or less bar spacing
- Ringneck doves: 24″ x 36″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ bar spacing
- Pigeons: 24″ x 36″ x 24″ minimum cage size with 1/2″ bar spacing.where-to-buy-magic-mushrooms-in-queensland-australia-with-fast-and-discrete-shipping|shrooms-edibles-for-sale-online-in-queensland-australia-with-fast-and-discrete-shipping|buy-mushroom-microdose-capsules-online-in-queensland-australia-with-fast-and-discrete-shipping/buy-magic-mushrooms-online|buy-mushroom-edibles-onlinebuy-mushroom-microdose-capsulesbuy-magic-mushrooms-in-annarbor | shrooms-edibles-for-sale-online//buy-mushroom-microdose-capsules/ magic-mushrooms-for-sale-in-australia//where-to-buy-dmt-online /where-to-buy-lsd-online/where-to-buy-lsd-online-in-australia//where-to-buy-dmt-online ann arbor mushrooms , buy psilocybin shrooms for sale online in Ann Arbor usa , 1p lsd australia , lsd drug for sale online in Melbourne ,order lsd drug in bulk online in Melbourne australia , where to buy psilocybin shrooms online in portland oregon, magic mushroom melbourne, where to buy shrooms online in Melbourne , psilocybin shrooms, buy shrooms online in melbourne Australia , buy short guns online in denver colorado usa ,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It is common practice to clip the flight feathers of pet birds rendering them unable to lift off and fly away. There is a lot of debate regarding this practice, with valid arguments on both sides of the fence, but the bottom line is that birds have wings and naturally should exercise them.
The above cage sizes are merely guidelines for the specific species but it is assumed that each bird will have ample time outside of the cage to fly or at least flap its wings.
Bird Body Type Considerations
If you have a bird with a long tail remember to make sure the cage you choose allows the bird to turn and move around without its tail touching the bars. Feathers will become damaged and birds may start to feather pluck or self-mutilate if they do not have enough room in their cage.
Perch placement should also be considered if your bird cannot fly in its cage. Make sure your bird can reach or climb from perch to perch and the water and food dishes are not directly under a perch where waste matter can accumulate. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ................................................................................
Perches of varying textures, shapes, sizes, and materials should be used instead of wooden dowels and most store-bought perches. Tree branches are not all the same shape or diameter and provide feet with exercise and varying positions in which to perch. Round dowels do not provide the same type of exercise and can cause sores and arthritis in birds’ feet.
Showing all 8 results
Add to cart
Medium Parrots e.g. African Grey, Amazon Parrots, Hahns macaw, etc Measurements 82 x 56 x 177cm 102 x 76 x 177cm With Seed Catcher 80 x 54 x 147cm Internal 2cm Bar Spacing 3mm Wire Strength Included 2x 83cm Internal Perches 1x 82cm Playtop Perch 3x 13cm Internal Bowls 2x 13cm Playtop Bowls Cage Cover …
Add to cart
Small Parrots e.g. Senegal & Medium Parrots e.g. African Grey Measurements 66 x 61 x 165cm 86 x 81 x 165cm With Seed Catcher 64 x 59 x 114cm Internal 1.5cm Bar Spacing 3mm Wire Strength Included 1x 66cm Internal Perch 3x 10cm Internal Bowls 1x 56cm Open Top Perch 1x Removable Playtop Cage Cover …